As responsible corporate citizen, Wal-Mart India Private Limited and WM India Technical and
Consulting Services Private Limited (individually referred to as the “Company”) strive to improve
the quality of life for the community, its associates and its members through financial contributions,
in-kind donations and volunteerism. In India, our Corporate Social Responsibility (“CSR”) objective
is to empower communities thereby fostering inclusive growth by supporting initiatives focused on
The Company has adopted an integrated approach towards CSR that include the following:
- Ensuring all charitable partners and programs are pre-approved by the Company’s AntiCorruption
Team and Corporate Affairs Team and are compliant with all applicable laws
including but not limited to the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010 and the U.S.
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, 1977;
- Ensuring all charitable activities are pre-approved by Anti-Corruption Team and Corporate
- Creating a better quality of life for the beneficiaries of the Company’s CSR initiatives and
ensuring long-term, sustainable support for chosen beneficiaries;
- Encouraging the involvement of associates of the Company in CSR activities, wherever
Objective of the CSR Policy
The objective of the CSR Policy is to enable the associates of the Company and all other parties to
understand the priorities of the Company towards its CSR initiatives.
The CSR efforts of the Company currently focus on the following areas*:
- Skills Training & Education;
- Sustainable Agriculture: Direct Farm (Productivity and Income enhancement of farmers);
- Women’s Economic Empowerment;
- Any other local requirement subject to CSR committee’s approval; and
- Any other program relevant to the Best Price Modern Wholesale stores of the Company.
*Indicative list only
The CSR Policy has been drafted in line with Section 135 of the Companies Act 2013 (“Act”) which
was notified by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India in 2014. The CSR Policy
shall apply to all projects/ programs undertaken by the Company as allowed by Schedule VII of the
Act. This CSR Policy has been adopted by the Board of the Company on August 17, 2015.
All CSR related projects are required to be approval in accordance with the current Financial
Delegation of Authority Policy of the Company (“DoA”)
- All charitable contributions must adhere to Walmart’s Global Anti-Corruption Policy and
this CSR Policy.
- All charitable donations or contributions, primarily monetary and large non-monetary
donations during emergency situations, must be approved in accordance with the current
DoA and other guidelines followed by the Company.
The Company will consider charitable organizations that meet the following eligibility criteria (as
amended and adopted by the Company from time to time) for its CSR activities:
- Charitable contributions must benefit vulnerable/disadvantaged communities in the
Company’s operational areas (present or prospective); and
- Potential grantees should be charitable organizations with existing programs that benefit
- Grantees/donees can also be government schools with children from less privileged
CSR Donations during Emergency Situations arising out of Natural calamities
Only pre-approved charitable organizations approved by the Company’s Anti-Corruption Team are
eligible to receive donations during emergency situations arising out of natural calamities.
A specific budget is allocated by the Company for CSR activities each year as per the DoA.
The details of CSR activities of the Company are available on its website.
Social Media Guidelines
The details of our social media guidelines are available here.
VIGIL MECHANISM OF WAL-MART INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
As per Section 177 (9) of the Companies Act, 2013 read with Companies (Meetings of Board and its Powers) Rules, 2014, the Board of Directors has adopted the ‘Global Statement of Ethics’ of the Company to serve as the vigil mechanism for directors and associates of the Company to report genuine concerns. The ‘Global Statement of Ethics’ can be accessed through the following link:
Document available here.
The associates and directors of the Company shall report any concerns etc. in the Global Ethics Helpline Numbers as mentioned in the ‘Global Statement of Ethics’.
Extracts of Annual Return, FY 2019-20
Document is available here
Notice of 13th Annual General Meeting
Document can be found here
Information as desired by Law
In accordance with the Information Technology Act, 2020, and the rules made thereunder, and the Consumer Protection (E- Commerce) Rules, 2020, requisite information are mentioned below:
Legal name of the e-commerce entity – Wal-Mart India Private Limited
Address of its headquarters and all its branches:
- Registered Office: E-20, 1st and 2nd Floor, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016, India.
- Corporate Office: Wal-Mart India Pvt.Ltd.,4th Floor, Orchid Center, Golf Course Road, Sector 53, Gurgaon 122002. (Haryana) India.
Website - https://www.bestprice.in/ and http://www.wal-martindia.in/
Contact Details of Customer care and Grievance officer:
- Customer Care Support -For any query or complaint you are requested to contact our customer care at email@example.com or call us at Toll Free Number- 1800-103-1003
- Grievance Officer - If your query/complaint remains unresolved, you can escalate the matter to our Grievance Officer. You can contact our Grievance Officer- Ms. Himani Sharma, email address - firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile No- 9311266814.