- This store is the 2nd Best Price Modern Wholesale Store in the City of Indore; 4th in the State of Madhya Pradesh and 25th Store in India.
- Store will contribute to local and state economy by creating thousands of local jobs (each Store creates 2,000 direct & indirect jobs); boosting MSME supplier eco-system, supporting local farmers by sourcing from them directly and providing training
- Store will enable kiranas/resellers, hotels, restaurants, caterers, offices, institutions and small businesses in and around the city of Indore succeed with value proposition of wide assortment of quality merchandise at competitive prices, under one roof and multiple ways of shopping
- A sustainable store, it will run on energy efficient solutions, renewable energy & recycled water and manage waste, harvest water and replace single use plastic with sustainable storage solutions
- B2B e-commerce platform simultaneously launched, making it the 25th Best Price Modern Wholesale store to go online
Indore, 3rd July 2019: Walmart India today announced the grand opening of its 25th Cash & Carry Store in the country, in the city of Indore in Madhya Pradesh. A significant milestone, this reiterates Walmart India’s commitment to the State. The new store simultaneously got integrated with B2B e-commerce platform, making it the 25th Best Price store to go online.
The store will cater to the business needs of underserved small businesses such as kiranas / resellers, offices & institutions (O&I) and hotels, restaurants and caterers (HORECA) of the region. It will enable Walmart India to offer unique value propositions of a wide range of quality merchandise & local assortment at ‘Every Day Low Prices’, unique shopping options, 24 -hour door-step delivery and convenient payment solutions to members in Indore and adjoining areas.
Krish Iyer, President & CEO, Walmart India said, “We are at an exciting juncture of our journey in India as we complete a decade of operations in the country, delighting over one million members, largely kiranas, and contributing to the local and national economies. Today as we unveil our 25th Cash & Carry Store in the country, I would like to thank all our members, partners, associates and stakeholders for their overwhelming support & contribution to the success of our business.
Madhya Pradesh is an important state for us and we have invested in growing our footprint here. This is our second store in the city of Indore and fourth in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The first store opened here in August 2011 and we have been receiving overwhelming response from our members to our exciting range of product assortment, quality and price. The region significantly contributes to our business as we have been sourcing various commodities and fruits and vegetables from the region; and our associates in these stores have been going over & beyond to meet member needs.
Over the years, we have also been able to introduce and integrate member-centric solutions for a seamless shopping experience. We are looking forward to serving many more members, especially kiranas and small businesses and help them save money so they can pass on their savings to their customers.
Meanwhile, we will continue to create shared value by generating 2,000 direct and indirect jobs in the local community; enabling kiranas & small resellers prosper by offering them relevant merchandise at Every Day Low Price, providing door-step delivery, convenient payment solutions and holistic advice on modern ways of retailing; helping hotels, restaurants and caterers succeed by offering them quality products at great prices; developing regional suppliers & MSMEs as compliant suppliers through our Responsible Sourcing program; Imparting training & knowledge to smallholder farmers in sustainable agriculture practices to improve yield & productivity while directly sourcing from them, thereby helping them double their income; skill development and capacity building programs through Women Entrepreneurship Development Program; promoting growth of digital economy by encouraging members to adopt digital payments such as PhonePe etc.; contributing to environment by building sustainable operations through Solar Power generation in the stores, use of LED and other energy saving technologies, electric vehicles, waste management, rain water harvesting and by doing all of the above with focus on 100% compliance with laws and regulations of the country.”
Spread over 50,000 sq. ft., the new Indore store is located near IPS Academy in Rau.